Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JBH

Default Want to Join my Adventure ?? in repairing a LCD monitor

Hi Jixter, thanks for coming again. I have changed computer and cable,
the problem is the same. So I diagnose it a LCD problem.

I went out to buy a multimeter during lunch hour. I checked the two
fuses that I could find on the board one of which should be the
inverter where I see a big transfomer coil and caution High Voltage. I
tested the fuse and it is close.

The other PCB fuse F2 is also close. So the hope that I could find an
open fuse and replace is not workable.

I just come up with a funny idea, if I connect the LCD monitor and
keep it turned on with the computer, do you think any chance the LCD
will start to work again. ? I haear somebody saying the for low current
device. this works sometimes. But I don't think the LCD is really a low
current device.

I will call the monitor I am working so far is the small Monitor 1. Now
I leave the small monitor 1 on with the computer and see,.

Now come to the 2nd bigger Monitor 2. Well this monitor do not have any
back light at all when swithced on. I am hoping this is due to only a
open fuse. I will venture to oopen the chasiss and see how it goes.

The mere fact that I can open the chassis and reassemble it back nicely
already make me feel a bit satified. Ha ha....

Shall keep you post on the progress. I think I better make a BLOG, any
idea I can get a free website to host a Blog ? And I can take the
pictures all along.

JBH-HK