Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jixter

Default Want to Join my Adventure ?? in repairing a LCD monitor

My first questions, is dangerous to connect to the normal adapter now to
check things?

I don't think it can get worse... Remember high voltage from inverter EVEN
WHEN UNPLUGGED.

Does the inverter board convert back DC to AC ?

I think so yes.. I think the bulbs require high voltage alternating current.

"Jixter" wrote in message
Hi another few ideas for you. Hope this helps also.

It sounds like you have a poor computer, and it goes to sleep after a
period of time.
Do you have a light inside your computer? Sometimes a ballast such as you
would get with a fluorescent bulb interferes with the Video card inside
computers.. Remove it.

Get a monitor that works and hook it up to your computer.
Boot the computer so that you are in the computer's bios screen
This is not windows but the early boot menu only.

With that you can troubleshoot if it is your LCD or computer.

If you computer is sending a signal that is improper for the LCD it may
not show an image.
For example if you send the LCD a resolution that it cannot handle it may
not display
If you send it a refreshrate that the LCD cannot handle it may not
display.
If you have the wrong driver it may not display
If you have a poor monitor cable it may not display
If the cable has a bent or missing pin it may not display

etc..

Alternatively you should also try the monitor on another computer besides
the one your are testing with.
Before hooking up the LCD you should choose a resolution common to
most/all LCD monitors.
800x600 60hz would be my first choice.

"JBH" wrote in message
oups.com...
Really newbie. Adventure to repair 2 LCD Monitor CMV model A150X2 T03.

Current tool, only a screw and soon a multimeter.

Premorbid : well functioning.

Cause of malfunctioning : my current thought is a wrong adapter was
used. This monitor, at the back, labeled the electrity requirement as
12V DC 2.7 A. Another adapter was used which rated the output being
12-24 V DC , 35 W.

Symptoms: firstly, the monitor takes long time to work. It has some
back light but no display. All people were thinking it is the computer
going slow. Now I think it is the LCD problem. After around 10 mins, it
works as usual. So that's why all is thinking computer problem, booting
very slow.

After few days, it has no more display but still some backlight.

I have never prior experience in repairing things. But as I may have my
mid-life changes (other people thinks it is crisis but I think it is
time I have to experience thing as I start to learn piano and repair
electronics which I love a lot but never really enjoy)

I opened the chasis without much problems. I saw 2 PCB, one larger, and
one smaller. I think the smaller is the inverterd board (read from
other news). I saw one fuse I guess it is. on the board it labels as F1
and with I saw a 3A on that piece.

My first questions, is dangerous to conncet to the normal adapter now
to check things? Does the inverter board convert back DC to AC ?

Waiting for you hobbyist to join my adventure.

Can I post the picture here ??

JBH-HK