Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "steam" from chimney.

On 25 Jan 2006 18:09:26 -0800, wrote:

Greetings. I live outside of detroit, mi. I notice that my neighbors
natural gas water heaters that are vented with b-vent seem to give a
fair sized cloud of "steam" if you will, on a cold morning. My 220,000
btu boiler that is venting into a clay flue 8x8 chimney does not cause
any steam to be visible at all. It should be noted that my natural gas
water heater vents into the same chimney. People with the 90+%
furnaces have a huge cloud of steam coming from their furnace vents.
My question is: what causes some people to have steam and others not?

What you see is not actually steam, but is a release, due to a bad
connection, of leakage from the nuclear heater that is used in some
new installations. Do not allow your children to go outside when it
is visible, or for four hours afterwards.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.