Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JBH

Default Want to Join my Adventure ?? in repairing a LCD monitor

Really newbie. Adventure to repair 2 LCD Monitor CMV model A150X2 T03.

Current tool, only a screw and soon a multimeter.

Premorbid : well functioning.

Cause of malfunctioning : my current thought is a wrong adapter was
used. This monitor, at the back, labeled the electrity requirement as
12V DC 2.7 A. Another adapter was used which rated the output being
12-24 V DC , 35 W.

Symptoms: firstly, the monitor takes long time to work. It has some
back light but no display. All people were thinking it is the computer
going slow. Now I think it is the LCD problem. After around 10 mins, it
works as usual. So that's why all is thinking computer problem, booting
very slow.

After few days, it has no more display but still some backlight.

I have never prior experience in repairing things. But as I may have my
mid-life changes (other people thinks it is crisis but I think it is
time I have to experience thing as I start to learn piano and repair
electronics which I love a lot but never really enjoy)

I opened the chasis without much problems. I saw 2 PCB, one larger, and
one smaller. I think the smaller is the inverterd board (read from
other news). I saw one fuse I guess it is. on the board it labels as F1
and with I saw a 3A on that piece.

My first questions, is dangerous to conncet to the normal adapter now
to check things? Does the inverter board convert back DC to AC ?

Waiting for you hobbyist to join my adventure.

Can I post the picture here ??

JBH-HK