Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Default (Possibly OT) Help in Dallas area

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:18:20 -0500, "Bruce T"
wrote:

Generally speaking, you can arrange to have your stuff shipped to a local
freight terminal as part of a "full load". Costs are SUBSTANTIALLY less
this way. You can go to the terminal & pick the stuff up yourself.

BruceT

How does one go about requesting this? That sounds like a winner and
something to file away for future reference.

"TinWoodsmn" wrote in message
At last summer's wood show in Las Vegas, SWMBO had occasion to visit the
complementary Design Showcase, where she ordered a table and 4 chairs from
a South American manufacturer. The furniture has arrived in Dallas where
the receiver is awaiting our instructions to reship to us in northern
California. The shipment weighs under 200 lbs, but the transporters the
receiver uses charges for 1,000 lb minimum loads with prices approximating
$1.00/lb. We have contacted some pack and ship people in the Dallas area,
but their prices are only slightly better.

We are open to suggestions regarding choosing a company or method to ship
our furniture. Hopefully we won't have to pay the amounts we have already
encountered which are more than we paid for the furniture.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.

TW