Posted to rec.woodworking
Lowell Holmes

Default basics in designing rocking chairs

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Are there any general dimensions or hard rules in making rocking
chairs?

Is there an angle to follow for the rockers from front to back or out
to in or something? or how long rockers should be?

thanks,

NORY

Issues 90 and 91 of Woodwork magazine have plans and an article to build a
Craftsman style rocking chair. I've built the chair and it is a very
comfortable chair. Paul Sellers has taught many students to build the chair.
You can answer a lot of your questions with these articles.

I would use some ones plans for the first chair. If you get something wrong
in dimensions it can ruin your effort.