Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North

Default Mounting mailbox on a springy mount (like garage door spring)

Gottcha beat. in the mid '60's, our local playground had a Douglas SBD
dive bomber and a Grumman F6F Hellcat parked on it. Cut the Hell out of
my hand in the cockpit of the F6F. Some time later, someone realized
they were worth a few hundred thou, each, and they disappeared.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Don Bruder wrote:

Do those spring-rides still exist, or have they been "OH MY GOD WE GOTTA
PROTECT THE KIDDIES!"-ized into extinction? My favorite, oh so many
years ago, was (Surprise...) the horsey-shaped one. Our playground had
that, a caterpillar, a dolphin, and something that might have been
either a hippo or a pig, or maybe something else, but not even Mr.
Driscoll, the principal, could say for sure - whatever it was, it wore a
yellow fez - lined up side by side between the swings and the monkeybars.

Boy... LOTS of metal in this post - Tons of it, if you count the
steamroller and the tank

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"