Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.crafts.metalworking
Stephen Young

Default Bumper-mounted trailer hitch bracket for Jeep Wrangler TJ

Richard J Kinch wrote:

I wonder if people buying all those macho aftermarket bumpers understand
that they've *given up* a lot of their crash protection?

My 1995 K1500 has a brushguard/grilleguard mounted on the front. Bought
the truck used & outfitted this way. Last year a silly juvenile female
pulled out in front of me from a side street - her fault & she got
ticketed. Totaled her Neon. I drove away with no radiator damage or
drivability problems because that brushguard crushed sideways. Saved me
big bucks & aggravation until I got it fixed.