Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256

Default 1929 gasoline powered Maytag washing machine

"Oren" wrote in message
I never heard of such a thing.....

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/clt/128105393.html

Oren-
excused from saving Universes."

My grandparents had just such a machine on their farm in the 40's. They had
it in a shed attached to the rear of their farm house and an exhaust pipe
leading outside. They didn't get electricity until the late 40s.

They also had gas powered clothes irons. Used white gas and pumped up
pressure.

http://www.antiquemystique.com/pages/4636_jpg.htm

http://www.patented-antiques.com/Bac...fuel_irons.htm

They also had irons that they put on the big wood stove to get them hot.
http://www.patented-antiques.com/Child_Small.htm