Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default Segmented Pot

"Greg G." wrote in message
The hardest part was turning the top part on the inside. I ended up
grinding long ears on my gouge and using it as a gouge and then a
scraper to clean it up. I have no idea how it is "supposed" to be
done, but it was a tough task nevertheless.

I like "pointy gouges" ground from shallower flute spindle or detail gouges.
You can reach pretty well with them. and you can get some shear by dropping
the handle, which cuts a bit cleaner than a broad scrape.

Been years since I did a stacked or segmented turning. Used resorcinol glue
in those days, and it was a bear!