Gerald Miller

Default enclosed trailer

On 10 Sep 2003 20:12:11 -0700, (Leigh Knudson)
wrote:

First a giant no to Ken's concept. Nobody would consider trying to
drill and rivet rebar for a roof arch. It is absolutly the worst
structural shape for the application. Roof arches are usually done on
a three wheel ring roller and just a little crown is put in. Brian has
a very interesting piece of aluminum on top of his trailer. 8' x 20'
with no seams. I think he needs to look again because this would be
tough to buy. I have seen the arch tubing bandsawed in a notched
configuration and then bent. Looked absolutely awful and I walked
away from that trailer builder figuring if he didn't know what he was
doing in the roof area I sure didn't want his frame. I don't know
where to send you for bending square tubing but be careful about
listening to bad advice on RCM. Leigh@MarMachine

IIRC aluminium roof sheets for trailers are made up of low profile
corrugated (1/4" max.) sheets running the short way, lock seamed and
sealed along the joints and supplied to the builder in a roll. The
roof sheet is unrolled onto the slightly arched plywood, mastic coated
deck and secured around the edges.
At least this is how my suppliers used to do it before we started
specifying membrane roofing.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada