Posted to rec.woodworking
no(SPAM)vasys

Default scroll saw alternatives

wrote:

Is there any type of tool on the market that I could use to cut out
small wooden designs from some of the thicker balsam woods or thin
pine? Want to cut shapes such as stars, reindeer, etc. Either something
hand held or a small scroll saw? Tried experimenting with a neighbor's
scroll saw and it was too much for me to handle..
Tried using my dh's Dremel, but the cut was too wide and I went to
Lowe's and HD and was told no Dremel bit would make a clean cut so that
is out. Thanks Liz

Are we talking about a hand held scroll saw or a bench mounted scroll saw?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)