Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
DoN. Nichols

Default Ovens/Furnaces in the HSM/Woodworking Shop

According to Chuck Sherwood :

Might I suggest you invest in a small appliance cup, and use a commercial
enamel (like Rustoleum) with some additional hardener. The hardener may be
had at any automotive paint supply.

Please tell me: what is a small appliance cup? Do you mean a small
spray gun?

I'll wait for others on this, as I am slightly puzzled too.

I assumed from the original posting that someone was using normal
paint (maybe from a spray can) and then baking it to make it harder
and more durable.

I've done this with black wrinkle varnish. The baking (in my
apartment's oven all those years ago) produced two effects:

1) A much finer wrinkle pattern.

2) It got much harder much quicker. Without the baking, it took
forever for the paint to get hard. With it, as soon as it
cooled down from the oven it was quite hard.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564