Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.crafts.metalworking
Grumman-581

Default Bumper-mounted trailer hitch bracket for Jeep Wrangler TJ

"cantrelm" wrote in message
I don't think I would trust the stock bumper on a TJ to pull anything.

Yeah, it does seem a bit flimsy, like the original bumpers on my XJ...
Perhaps his next project should be to design a real bumper for his TJ that
utilizes the original bumper's mounting points in addition to the mounting
points for the factory receiver hitch... Make the entire bumper out of 1/4"
steel so that you can jack the car up with it... Might as well consider
closing off parts of it for an emergency air tank also...