Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mounting Precision Vise

Thanks for the reply. "Troll", not sure what you mean by that,
anyway thanks for pointing out how to use a vise. Gees - would have
never known. Allow me to be a little clearer. My question was, "What
is everybody doing to clamp and align these little vices?" Thus far
I have found no good answer. Strap clamps (toe clamp if you prefer)
would work yes but there sloppy and don't lend them themselves to
aligning, "squaring" the head very easily. I did find some
drawings to make your own clamps at,
"http://www.littlemachineshop.com/Projects/ViseClamps.php" but
they seem, just by looking at them, not rigged enough, and wouldn't
make alignment much easier then the strap clamps. I'm figuring now I
will have to make my own clamps for each end. I'm thinking with some
kind of eccentrics and set bolt for easy alignment, and perhaps a stop
block for one side. I'm still hoping that someone out there has some
really slick better idea on what they did and would be willing to share
it.