Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Chuck Sherwood

Default Mounting Precision Vise

I got a hold of a one of those little precision vises that everybody is
selling these days. Problem is, there doesn't seem to be an easy way
to mount and align it to my mill table. Neither can I find any clamps

I have several and use them a lot. A hold down is just a flat plate to
engage the slots on the side of the vise and a spacer block for the
other end with a clamp bolt in the middle.

You can also use hold them in a bigger vise for odd setups.

I use a test indicator to align all my vises reguardless of size.