Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default OT Walmart and you

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Gunner says...

I live in California, ableit a rural area, but work in the urban
areas.

That's the key. Work urban to make urban wages, but live
rural to take advantage of lower housing (and other) costs.

The commute kills ya though. Around here it's folks you
see who get on the train up above poughkeepsie, for a two hour
ride into manhattan. They make a living but they spend four
hours of it riding the train each day. This doesn't count the
time it takes them to *to* the train at each end.

Jim

Wow! That's a tough one. Lots of lost time. That would work much
better for folks that are retired and don't have to commute, or perhaps for
those that can make the commute a part of their actual sleeping time.
I sympathize. I recall all too well having to commute over an hour one way
to my job in the early years. It was one of the reasons why I finally
started working for myself.

Harold