Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll

Default Yet another Democrat, wants to remain ignorant

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:44:10 GMT, John R. Carroll
wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:25:07 GMT, John R. Carroll

Passing a bad law in the hopes of a SCOTUS reversal is a poor
strategy.

I'd agree with you in many, even most, circumstances but not here because of
the active and well financed nature of the gun lobby.

You aren't afraid
to let the system resolve this issue in a definitive way are you? We
either have the greatest system on the planet or we don't. Which is
it?

Time will tell. Taking away the second would make the fourth pretty
useless though, wouldn't it.

Privacy is under attack by the executive branch today Dave. Not the second.
That makes a big difference to me but I'm for letting the courts interpret
the constitution and the law, not the President. It isn't his job to make
these calls when there is a question.

BTW, she was referring specifically to a particular category of fire
arm. Something I suspect you know.

Some day you need to go look up what "infringed" means, John. Even if
she was only talking about (gasp!) ugly guns, her intent is
unmistakable. As you undoubtedly know, those guns are functionally
identical to millions of other, not-on-that-list guns.

Yes Dave, but in our earlier conversations you managed to impress the value
of being precise and the disingenuous nature of being overly broad. LOL

You don't make a stray dog go away by only giving it a little steak.

I mentioned that regarding privacy rights and you shined it Dave. The camel
and tent flap analogy is the same thing.

Speaking of short memories, did your party's senators vote against
the original one? Other than Russ Feingold, they all went along...)

First, I've pretty much dropped any party affiliation but I'm still
registered as a Republican. My office is in Jane Harmon's district
but live in one represented by the clones of B-1 Bob. My youngest
brother lives in what used to be Duke Cunningham's district as a
matter of fact and I have a longstanding business relationship with
one of the candidates for that seat, Allan Uke. I've contributed the
maximum to his campaign. Seems fair as he gave me all of the
bussiness I could handle and then some when I was starting out years
back.

Evasion noted.

I corrected what was your own false statement Dave. You said something about
"my party" if you will recall.

Riiiiight. History doesn't matter, especially when it's
inconveniently
at odds with the point you're trying to make. Facts don't exist in a
vacuum, John, especially when we're talking current people in the same
jobs.

I don't see that we are at all. The jobs may be the same but they have been
significantly marginalized.

I think we just dissagree on these things Dave. I doubt that I could
influence you and you likely won't influence me. I can live with that.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.