Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Rayburn efficiency? Or going gaga over Agas

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:38:45 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

I actually did some tests on the aga with an oven thermometer.
Wih all hobs closed it was about 210C.

After an hours cooking on both hobs, it was 195C.

7% drop.

Its an oil fired aga with thermosat controlled burner.

What this shows is that

- yes, flat out it cannot maintain oven temp with both lids up but
- since it takes 4 hours to heat up, even with no burner on, it probably
takes 4 hrs to cool down..and an hours hob cookng with a modulating burner
is not really going to affect cooking temps enough to be noticeable.

I THINK the oil flow rate on 'full' is about 3x what it is on 'low' which
implies that its probably only about 1.5KW into the ovens, max. As I would
assume that 'low' oil flow is less than what it does at 'idle'

I've measured the gas one and it's able to regulate even more tightly
than the 7% that you got..

--

..andy