Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jules

Default Iiyama 21" vision master monitor crackling noise

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:40:07 +0000, Jules wrote:
The monitor's a bit dusty inside, although I've seen far worse - I'll give
it a good blast with an air compressor later I think and blow the dirt out
just in case that is the problem (plus also check any grounding points etc.)

Hmm, well no luck - same problem.

I'm tempted to remove the flyback and check for signs of arcing
underneath (in which case a repair that'll hold *might* be possible), but
it's looking like I need a new flyback...

Without the service manual, the only labelled test point is 130V just
downstream of the PSU - that's sitting at 128V on my display, which is
*probably* within tolerance (there is a pot to adjust it, so I'll try
tweaking it slightly just in case)

cheers

Jules