Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Help picking rails for dresser draws

tdevery wrote in message news
Hi all:

This is my first dresser project. Face frame with inset doors
I am building the drawers first.

If you build it this way this time, you will probably reverse the order if
you ever do it again.

Not a bad Idea to plan the size of the drawers first because with many DT
jigs you are limited to specific increments in drawer height but not a great
idea building them first.

My boxes are 36" wide x 23" deep, dovetailed construction. I have to add a
3/4"
face to this depth also.
I have not glued them up, so I can shorten them up if nessary.
I am looking at the Blum specs for the slides I would like full
extension, like the 430E6000
Any thoughts oh great dust makers

Personally I do not like metal slides on pieces of furniture. I would
suggest simply building hard wood web frames and drawer sides and build to
close tolerances.