Posted to rec.woodworking
Stephen M

Default Help picking rails for dresser draws

tdevery wrote in message news
I could do the wood runner thing, but this is practice for future Kitchn
cabinets.

Although sequencing your skills development is an excellent idea, IMHO that
is not worth compromising the character of a dresser which, if done well
will be around alot longer than a kitchen.

I figure the half-life of a kitchen is about 15-20 years (half of them are
re-remodeled in that time frame) even if built well. Well-built dressers
should have a half-life of four times that.

Maybe I'm just being a snob, but metal glides in a dresser look so
"wallmart". Please don't do it.

-Steve