Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default Yet another Democrat, wants to remain ignorant

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:44:10 GMT, John R. Carroll wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:25:07 GMT, John R. Carroll

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), on CBS` "60 Minutes"-- "If I could
have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an
outright
ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all
in, I would have done it."

I wish she had Dave. It would have gotten to the Supremes very quickly and
between the courts and the freshly minted congress that would have been the
product of the next election cycle, this issue would have been confronted
head on and dealt with clearly in the appropriate venue.

Passing a bad law in the hopes of a SCOTUS reversal is a poor strategy.

You aren't afraid
to let the system resolve this issue in a definitive way are you? We either
have the greatest system on the planet or we don't. Which is it?

Time will tell. Taking away the second would make the fourth pretty
useless though, wouldn't it.

BTW, she was referring specifically to a particular category of fire arm.
Something I suspect you know.

Some day you need to go look up what "infringed" means, John. Even if
she was only talking about (gasp!) ugly guns, her intent is
unmistakable. As you undoubtedly know, those guns are functionally
identical to millions of other, not-on-that-list guns.

You don't make a stray dog go away by only giving it a little steak.

Speaking of short memories, did your party's senators vote against the
original one? Other than Russ Feingold, they all went along...)

First, I've pretty much dropped any party affiliation but I'm still
registered as a Republican. My office is in Jane Harmon's district but live
in one represented by the clones of B-1 Bob. My youngest brother lives in
what used to be Duke Cunningham's district as a matter of fact and I have a
longstanding business relationship with one of the candidates for that seat,
Allan Uke. I've contributed the maximum to his campaign. Seems fair as he
gave me all of the bussiness I could handle and then some when I was
starting out years back.

Evasion noted.

Second, what's the difference? The votes that count are the ones about to
occur now, not the ones that didn't, might or might not at some future date.

Riiiiight. History doesn't matter, especially when it's inconveniently
at odds with the point you're trying to make. Facts don't exist in a
vacuum, John, especially when we're talking current people in the same
jobs.