Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default Yet another Democrat, wants to remain ignorant

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:41:17 -0500, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote

Well, maybe you had a good civics class. Mine was like the Golden Book
version of American history, as taught by the Republican National
Committee
and the Police Athletic League.

I largely ignored it, recognizing that it was a collection of fantasies
and
legends, and worse than useless.

You too? My high school civics teacher was a card carrying Birchite. J.
Edgar's "Master's of Deceit" was the text book. The political science
classes at the Citadel were even worse. Fortunately I had a grandfather
who, while he hated FDR, loved the constitution and gave me some immunity
to the propaganda on both sides. Needless to say I was not the most popular
student in that class. :-)

My civics teacher when I was a junior in high school was great. He had
us doing things like walking down the halls while class was in session
loudly chanting "CUT CLASS, CUT CLASS". Then we observed the reactions
of students and teachers alike. Very informative when considering
protests. This was in 1973.
ERS