Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default OT Walmart and you

In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

Having read Jim's comments, a kid (he's young enough to be my son) I have
long admired, I'm keeping watch on the parcel of land behind me, with him in
mind. Sounds like he's about ready to live where you don't need a half
million bucks in your pocket to buy groceries, and I can't imagine a better
neighbor. :-)

In San Francisco, nobody can live for
any where near that amount or even twice as much. The citizens, in order

create a more perfect society, have elected officials who, in order to
create a more perfect society, have priced any one/family who makes around
$100K or less out of town. A $250,000 house wouldn't last a minute on the
market!

Around here 250K is called a starter home. Might have two bedrooms,
will be guaranteed to have at least two, probaby three roofs on top
of it. It will have a bad septic system and will need a new well
too.

This is up from when we bought our house - at that time a starter
home like that could be had for slightly less than 100K, if one were
willing to do major structural repairs.

Anyone who thinks there is irony or sarcasm in the comments immediately
above can come to the westchester county area and view some homes
with a realtor. You will find they are pretty much spot on.

And thank you harold, for the kind thoughts. The problem with relocating
within the US is the same issue that the government will shortly be
cranking up the inflation machine. Real jobs are getting scarce
so the tax base is shrinking. This means while savings get eaten up,
the tax rate will have to increase to keep funding whatever entitlement
programs are left.

You can't win, you can't break even, you can't get out of the game.

Unless you figure out some way to get out of the game.

Jim

please reply to: