Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

Default Parquet Flooring and Flagstones, Problem!

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:56:34 +0000, andymason79
wrote:

My wife and I are renovating an 1870's house. Under the lounge carpet is
what I presume to be the original Flagstones "great" you might think!

Problem is I was hoping for a screeded floor, as we intend on laying
parquet flooring in a double herringbone pattern and as I am sure you
are all aware, a flat surface is required. Well the flagstones by
nature are not flat!

Here are my options as I see it:

A. Cover the flagstones in a thin screed, a shame to waste them and
thin is not good, cracks etc.

B. Take out the flagstones and try to sell them on ebay, lay a new 4"
concrete floor for the parquet flooring.

C. Forget it and lay some new carpet.

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated!

There is probably no DPM under the flagstones, so they will need to
come out, even if later replaced.

OK, they don't need to come out if you are doing one of those "lime
motar is great, lets make this place cold and drafty" type
renovations.

Rick