Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default OT Walmart and you

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:59:08 -0500, Stephen Young
wrote:

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

We're in lock step, Stephen. Just because I don't single out management
doesn't mean I endorse them. All of us have to take a realistic look at
the scene and make decisions accordingly. If we hope to have jobs in this
country in the future, everyone needs to re-evaluate their position.

Not pickin' on you but management runs the show. If change doesn't start
at the top level first, do you think the bottom level should change all
on their own? Why? If all involved aren't required to change together,
here comes the part I've said about revolution... kinda brings back the
1700's - something about taxation without representation and so forth.
Basically, unchecked management.

Frankly, if people can't live reasonably on $50,000 year, they're doing
something wrong. I have no respect for folks that are knocking down
hundreds of thousand per year, generally at the cost of others doing
without. It's the one thing that prevents us from donating to *any*
charity. If the CEO makes big bucks, we're out.

Wow! That's a fabulous wage! I'd be tickled pink with that much money!

Ive been taking care of a wife, son, daughter in law, grand baby,
about 20 cats and a handful of dogs on $27k a year gross, based on
2005 Quickbooks totals. Including paying $325 a month for an RV to
sleep in during the week, and putting a $20 bill in the gas tank
averageing 5 days a week. It took me 18 yrs rather than 15 yrs to pay
off the house. I own the truck (400k miles) and sold some Stuff and
bought the wife a 5 yr old Saturn for $2400 (94k miles) so she could
make her medical tests every week 40 miles away.
Im also making payments on my medical bill of $27,000 for the stent a
couple years ago.

No cable tv, no credit cards, pay cash or do without, no long
distance, no movies, no long distance except for cell phone. No
vacation (1981), no fast food, brown bag it and buy bulk at the cheap
places.

I live in California, ableit a rural area, but work in the urban
areas.

Its doable. Not a hell of a lot of fun..but doable. Which is why Im
such a good scrounger. Necessity.

Gunner

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits"
John Griffin