Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.crafts.metalworking
Grumman-581

Default Bumper-mounted trailer hitch bracket for Jeep Wrangler TJ

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Here is my design for a bumper-mounted Jeep Wrangler TJ trailer hitch:

I would think that welding a 2" receiver hitch receptacle to the bottom of
the angle bracket would give you more flexibility... It would lower the
trailer tongue enough that you probably wouldn't have to worry about your
door hitting it... If your vehicle is lifted, you could use a 2" receiver
with a drop so that the trailer could be towed in a more level attitude...
You would also have the option to use the 2" receiver for a bike rack or
cargo carrier...