Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default OT Walmart and you

"Stephen Young" wrote in message
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

We're in lock step, Stephen. Just because I don't single out management
doesn't mean I endorse them. All of us have to take a realistic look

at
the scene and make decisions accordingly. If we hope to have jobs in

this
country in the future, everyone needs to re-evaluate their position.

Not pickin' on you but management runs the show. If change doesn't start
at the top level first, do you think the bottom level should change all
on their own? Why?

No, of course not, and I hope I didn't imply that they should. I often
don't make a distinction between management and blue collared workers, for
we're all in the same boat. I feel the same way you do. The one
difference is that workers generally have nothing invested in their jobs,
unlike the owner, who has everything to gain, and everything to lose,
depending on the course of his business. An owner has a right to make a
profit, but it, like my wages, should be reasonable. That's where pretty
much all Americans have lost their way----it rarely IS reasonable, be they
management or workers. How can you otherwise explain the fact that
American jobs are gone -------possibly for good. The resistance to
change and accept reasonable pay brings to mind an example that was set for
us about 20 years ago. Anyone recall the air traffic controllers strike?
It ended just as it should have. They lost their jobs because of
unreasonable demands. I don't know when I've been any more proud of a
president aside from the day Kennedy spoke about the Cuban missile crisis.

If all involved aren't required to change together,
here comes the part I've said about revolution... kinda brings back the
1700's - something about taxation without representation and so forth.
Basically, unchecked management.

Frankly, if people can't live reasonably on $50,000 year, they're doing
something wrong. I have no respect for folks that are knocking down
hundreds of thousand per year, generally at the cost of others doing
without. It's the one thing that prevents us from donating to *any*
charity. If the CEO makes big bucks, we're out.

Wow! That's a fabulous wage! I'd be tickled pink with that much money!

Exactly my point. I never made that much in my life, and I've had it pretty
good, at least by my measure. Of course, I don't smoke, don't drink to
excess, don't consider $60 dinners with $50 bottles of wine as necessary
(nor do I ever pay that for them), have never sucked that white powder up my
nose, and I don't pay for cable television and cell phones. I'm not a
clothes horse and don't give a damn what the neighbor does-----I buy what I
need and can carry money in my pocket endlessly without spending it. I
live a frugal life, but a rich one.

Harold