Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR

Default How to catch a lizard?

My technique to catch individual lizards, which usually works, is slowly
come at them with a rag or paper towel, from directly overhead so that both
lizard eyes see the towel. I read once that doing this makes it difficult
for them to sense that the towel is approaching, because the view in both
eyes is the same and they don't get a signal to dart away. When I get close
enough I just grab the lizard with both hands. Rarely does the lizard have
a chance to get away, If possible, I'll release the animal outside, or if
necessary just flush it away.

"Walter R." wrote in message
Occasionally I am invaded by small lizards (6-8"). They come in through
tiny cracks under the screen door or when the doors is left open
inadvertently. They probably thrive and grow on a feast of ants and
insects.

They are lighting fast and hide under the bed and places like that.

They probably do no harm. I would prefer to get rid of them, though. Any
ideas?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net