Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.home.automation,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
B Fuhrmann

Default Connecting 16th century antenna wire to 21st century coax

wrote:
Thanks everyone for the info. One piece is still missing (at least for
me) - how do you actually strip a clean cut twin-lead wire?

"Ken Weitzel" wrote ...
Back in the good old days (around the time sunshine was
invented) I would have done it in your house by putting
the lead flat on top of something hard and not important...
the top of my caddy, perhaps). Then with a knife I'd cut
a slit clean through it alongside each of the wires for an
inch or so. Next fold back the resulting center piece and
cut it off. Now you're left with what for all practical
purposes is just two separate wires, easily strippable with
side cutters or your knife.

BINGO

Other than dedicated strippers (they used to make them), that is the easiest
method.