Ed Huntress

Default OT - NY Times economy article

"John T. McCracken" wrote in message

No, it's not a joke. Re read what I said, I pity anyone that thinks others
are "calling their tune". If that's you, so be it, if that's not you, then
what is the problem?

Two problems: First, they're right, in terms of the larger economy. As I
said, a lot of people don't care. They're just interested in what's inside
of their own box. From that perspective, you have unlimited opportunity --
until you start to get big and bang up against the walls of the box. Then
you'll see what they mean.

Second, pity is a legitimate emotion if it's what you feel for someone who
was just robbed of his life's savings. If it's something you feel because
you think you understand something that they're just too obtuse to
recognize, it gets iffy. It may just be self-delusion feeding an arrogant
attitude, like the emotion one religious believer feels for someone with
different beliefs.

I should fight these injustices with the means available to me but I am

in
control of my life, I am responsible for my successes and my failures. I

get
to call my own tune and I'm glad.

Well, I'm glad for you, too, John.

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)