Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default batteries - replace or rebuild

"Brian Henderson" wrote in message
But you're not figuring in the cost of your time to do it. I don't
know about you, but my time is worth at least as much as the raw
materials.

Well, if you are working the time would be valuable but I only work at most
40 hours a week. The rest of the 128 hours in the week I can spend saving
money.

Besides, how much do you have to use a battery before it completely
fails, especially on a new tool?

Well I have a Mikita battery that should probably be replaced and it is 12
months old.

Most of the time, by the time the batteries are failing, the tool is out of
date and you'd probably do
better to just buy a new tool.

This is not software that we are talking about. A tool does not go out of
date.
If you are an occasional user then I can see perhaps replacing the whole
thing.