Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default I've Decided On My New Router Table Design

I recently bought a new sized router bit from Lee Valley (damn you
Robin Lee, now that I've looked thru the catalogs, I'll be buying more
stuff soon). Rather than switch bits, I decided to make another router
table, and stick anouther router in it. I've got 5 of the little
buggers. LOL

But, I was having problems figuring just where to put the second
router table. Space problem you know. My router bit lives in the
router table, and I was going to keep that table, and just add a second.

But, then inspiration struck. Dump the present table, make another
table, this time with a cutout to accept a base screwed to the
router(s). That way I can just drop a router, with a specific bit, into
the cutout, no prob. To change bits, just pull out the router, and
drop in the router with the other bit.

The top will be two pieces of 1/2", or whatever, plywood. Bottom
piece will have a hole to accept the router. Top piece will have a
square cutout to accept the base. The base will be plywood too, with a
hole in the center for the router bit to go thru. The two top pieces
will be glued together once the holes are done.

I'd been thinking about making another table, for awhile, but
haven't, because the present one works so well. But, now this will let
me make a few changes I've been thinking about - a slightly larger table
for one, and maybe move the router more back from the front.

This is all quite clear in my mind, "Don' need no steenkin' plans".

If "any" part of this is unclear to any of you, feel free to ask
questions. NOT me! Instead, ask Tom Watson, and/or Edwin Pawlowski.
If you know their telephone numbers, feel to call collect, and talk for
awhile. It's OK to call late at night too. If not, e-mail them. And,
e-mail several times, just in case they don't get the first ones. They
don't know any more than you do, but they've been telling people to
e-mail me. Be sure to give them my regards.

JOAT
You only need two tools: WD-40, and duct tape. If it doesn't move and
it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.