Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default upvc windows in conservation area.

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:58:31 +0000, Capitol
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
If it was that important, why didn't they act earlier? Simple answer
is people without enough to occupy their minds or the ability to enter
into gainful employment.

Not quite Andy. The reason is that there was too much money available
for the council to spend. This means that more unnecessary people are
employed to harass the rest of the taxpayers. First steps in any bloated
business are to reduce the budget, then the headcount. progress follows.

Regards
Capitol

I see your point. However, with the exception of a few professionals
such as building control officers, who do seem to know their stuff
quite well and to behave sensibly; most of the other departments seem
to attract those who are unable to do a real job of work.

Actually, I'd start with reducing the headcount and putting a hatchet
through their pension schemes. Drastically. Then there would be
ample funds to spend on worthwhile things that people actually want.
Better yet; don't take the money from them in the first place and let
them decide for themselves.

--

..andy