Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default New house Older than Told and has multiple issues inspector missed.

On 22 Jan 2006 10:41:24 -0800, someone wrote:

--even if my house
is a 1960 isntead of 73....it will be hard for me to quantify my
damages in dollar terms (court may say the house is still worth what I
paid....cut--the crawlspace/void isn't necessarily a
problem as there is no sign of mold/damage. How can I say how much
this defect is worth in damages? cut Now I own it and am indebted for 30yrs.

Uh, excuse me, but what are you actually out money-wise?

Would you NOT have bought the house if you had know that (gasp, the
horror!) it had actually first been built in 1960 instead of 1973?
It's not like somebody claiming a house was new never been lived in
and it actually was 13 years old. 33 vs. 46 years old, present
condition matters much more than original year.

And the house has had a room on a slab since 1973 with no mold or
damage, but now you say this is a "defect"???? Whole houses are built
on slabs.

Actually, I would say it's likely that the house was built BEFORE
1960, as 13 years is rather soon to do a major remodel. But maybe it
was only 1960.

What counts is the value of the house TODAY, not what year it was
first built. You were probably happy to get your bid accepted. And
now you just have buyer's remorse. (This wouldn't be your first
house, would it?)