Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

Default Anybody got a clever ideaq for computer caddy?

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
I've got 4 boxes under my desk and it would be
nice to be able to roll them out for repairs, etc.
I'm thinking about a piece of plywood with those
sliders for furniture underneath. The wheels on
the manufactured ones for boxex are moved too
easily and one wheel broke. The floor is tile so
the pads can slide but I'm not sure if the boxes
should be anchored to the plywood or how ...

But mostly I'm wondering if you inventive people
can come up with or already have a bette idea.

Not wanting the CPU to fall off and crash the drive while I might be moving
it, I made a plywood box with a two inch lip all around. Then I used those
cheap metal nail on furniture glides.

The cpu is as far off the floor and dust as it can be. When I need to
insert a disc or CD it is as high as it can be under there.

Will post or email a pic if you like.

Colbyt