Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default wiring exhaust fan

wrote:
At present I have two lights in the bathroom. I would like to replace
one of the lights with an exhaust fan. One switch turns on both
lights, I would like to have a seperate switch for the exhaust fan.
Do I need to run wire from the exaust fan to the double switch and if
so how do I make the connection at the switch?

Thanx

Without knowing exactly what the wiring is now, it is not possible to
give you exact instructions. Likely you will need to run a couple of new
wires between the switch to one of the lights. However depending on where
the power is coming it, it could be complex.

You might also want to consider using an X-10 device and you will not
need to do any wiring. While I would prefer the hard wired method for
reliability, the X-10 should work.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit