Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Vapor barrier between rooms?

JK wrote:
I'm adding a bathroom to the side of an existing studio. It is
actually a partitioned-off portion of an uninsulated garage beside
the studio. The studio has fiberglass insulation, plastic vapor
barrier and drywall on that side. Should I remove the plastic between
the old room and the new bathroom? Or should I just put a new vapor
barrier on the bath side. I know the moisture has to escape somehow,
but this common wall is about 9 feet long, with a door in the middle.
We are in the damp Pacific NW.

JK

No need to remove it. It will even make things a little quieter.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit