Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Matti Kaki

Default Best Universal Remote?

In article .com, says...

The universal remotes will never do all the functions of the set. You
will only be able to do the basics. I found for me, the best universal
was the One-For-All series.

And if you have SONY HDD-DVD -recorder you probably can't find
an universal remote which can be used. I needed extra remote for
upstairs where I'm using wireless link.

Finally I found a reasonable good one from Clas Ohlson. Was 66 euros
and it can be programmed. Is quite sutrdy too. May a little bit too
sturdy. :-) Has worked just fine. Named only "SMART Remote".

http://www.clasohlson.se/images/prod...-29_161029.jpg

It is a swedish company and has no shops in the UK. But if somebody
recognizes this remote it is perhaps possible to find worldwide too.

This programmable remote has been quite popular but I haven't tired it.

http://www.remotecentral.com/mx500/

Medion has one too but it is just awful. You can't really use it and
some SONY codes were impossible to store. Here is a picture just for
warning. Do not buy this one!

http://www.sci.fi/~oh2bio/medion.jpg

--
Matti Kaki at iki dot fi http://www.sci.fi/~oh2bio