Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

Default BIG edge jointing problem

just thought of that too, Dave. Maybe if I put the sled on *top* of the
pieces...... Still wouldn't get through them both but I could probably
handplane the remaining 1/4" down. That way, even if I over planed it, it
would be the bottom of the workbench surface and I'd still have 3 1/4" of
flush contact glue surfaces on the two pieces.....

jc

"David" wrote in message
Frank Ketchum wrote:

"noonenparticular" wrote in message
et...

Any ideas?

By the way, I'm going to use a full length 3/4" plywood spling during
glue up. Also, the gap on the edge at it's max is about 1/32, although
most spots are less or touch flush.

Could you mount the two boards with the 1/32 gap as is to a sacficicial
piece of plywood (use it as a sled) and rip it right down the joint on
the tablesaw? This would remove 3/32 (whatever your ts blade width is)
and should remove the gap.

I don't know about your TS, buy mine won't cut through 3-1/2" much less
that PLUS a sled. g (Notice the OP is joining the 3-1/2" edges)

Dave