Posted to rec.woodworking
mike hide

Default unisaw motors

"Rick M" wrote in message

"mike hide" wrote in message

. ..
I need a new 1 1/2 HP unisaw motor, anyone know any good sources ?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply . The motor has a special

mount
and no one offers a 1 1/2HP unit anymore seems the replacement is 3HP.
mjh

Mike,

Unless you no longer have the motor or it is physically wrecked, you
might
consider having it rebuilt rather than replacing it ... especially if
1-1/2
HP is sufficient for your needs.

You didn't mention why you need to replace the old motor ... and I'm not
good at guessing!!!

Regards,

Rick

Sorry about that the spring loaded starter section disintegrated and tore
into the motor windings . On disassembly pieces of wire and aluminum pieces
were strewn on the inside of the case