Posted to rec.woodworking
LDR

Default Let's talk about dovetails

In article et,
says...

"LDR" wrote in message
k.net...
In article ,
says...
wrote:

Hey, Charlie, where were you when I needed you? Not just Klausz's tape
but Cosman's as well, playing them over and over again. My wife thought
I had cracked up, and I'm not yet sure she's wrong--or maybe in another
life I was a Japanese student of Kabuki dance. Anyway, what you did is a
truly great contribution, although you have to go up and down the curve
to appreciate it. Larry

I'd add Tage Frid's video to the list too for yet another take on things...
and then take pieces from each and do what works for you. For example, in
most cases I cut pins first but found cutting the tails first was easier for
hounds-tooth dovetails... cannot saw why exactly!

John

I found Frid's video helpful as well, especially on the half blind dts.
(Dts? that doesn't sound right :-))