Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default Yet another Democrat, wants to remain ignorant

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:25:07 GMT, John R. Carroll wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

Easy now, John. You said that the threat from the left was
"imaginary".
I provided a counterexample. And it's not their past misdeeds that
worry me, it's their future misdeeds.

Your examples are real, what isn't ( in my mind of course) is the threat
they present.

Your trust in those individuals is inspirational (in an unwise, naiive
kind of way).

Imagining ( ie imaginary ) future deeds while overlooking or justifuing what
is a clear and present danger just doesn't make sense.

Just think what would happen if _both_ groups got their way.

Problem is the left wants to disarm people so they can't do anything
about other threats.

Not in my opinion.

Short memory? How about this gem?

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), on CBS` "60 Minutes"-- "If I could
have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright
ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all
in, I would have done it."

There are skunks in both parties on this issue and they
are being handed the tools they need - today - to achieve their aims at a
later date.

YES. and if the left has you and I 'turn them all in' all we can do
about it is whine.

You can spare me the prying out of my cold dead hands stuff. A compelling
case might get real traction and then you would find yourself on the "wrong"
side of the issue and an outlaw. You might, in fact, be classified as a
terrorist and your habeas corpus rights, among others, would be out the
window courtesy of the USA Patriot Act. Now THERE is a misnomer if ever
there was one.

Speaking of short memories, did your party's senators vote against the
original one? Other than Russ Feingold, they all went along...)