Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Chuck Sherwood

Default Ovens/Furnaces in the HSM/Woodworking Shop

I like to bake on enamel and epoxy finishes... makes 'em
nice and hard, and really does a great job with hammertone
or crackle finishes.

Please tell me more. I am about to paint a model engine and I would
really like to know how this works. Is this process benigh enough
that I can do it in my kitchen oven?

I painted one model with rusteloum paint a few years ago and
it took a long time with a heat lamp before the paint was hard.

I did some tests with newer rusteloum paint and it seems to harden
much faster. In fact it seems to be a much better paint too.