Posted to uk.d-i-y
mogga

Default How Much is Your Gas Bill?

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:46:31 GMT, "NTL News"
wrote:

Well this is bizarre - I am on a prepay meter and my gas supplier is
British Gas. To my knowledge there has been nobody out to the meter
in years, in fact I can't remember when there was someone out to see
it.

I don't quite understand. My notion of a pre-payment meter is one into
which you put coins and which then allows you to use some gas. Such a
meter would have to be emptied regularly. But you also mention payments
made on your *card*. What card is that - a credit card? How does the
system work. Haven't *you* got records of what you've paid, even if BG
haven't?

The pre-pay meter that we have is a Quantum meter - you get a chipped card
that you take to the post office and charge it up with however much you want
to put into your meter, you then slot it into the meter and it allocates the
credit. At the moment I'm sticking a tenner on it every 3 days.

Do you have receipts to prove your spend? Fingers crossed you do.
Well worth getting the meter checked & changed for a cheaper option

Insulate and you'll save money (loft and walls if possible)
Turn the thermostat down and you'll save money
Shut the curtains at dusk and youll save money
Do some draftproofing ...

--
Get money off vouchers for everything
http://www.moneyoffvouchers.co.uk