Posted to uk.d-i-y
Al

Default Looking for a plumber

http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/comm/Pres...ab480256e7c004
c8d92?OpenDocument

Hehe!

We had the misfortune to use a company (not listed on this site) that
appeared a few weeks later on HofH.

It was clear that they were trying to rip us off and they assumed that just
because it was one of our rental properties that they'd get away with it.

Wrong!

Particularly amusing was the v e r y s l o w w r i t i n g of the
invoice to try and push the time over a 30 minute charging period ;-) They
failed :-)

The advice they gave was actually correct (leaking CH pump) but 700 quid
for a new pump? I think not.

Trading Standards duly informed :-) And it turned out that there had been
'a number of similar complaints'.

Al.