Posted to uk.d-i-y
NTL News

Default How Much is Your Gas Bill?

No way!! We have a 4 beds extended semi and pay nPower about £47pm for
gas and £48 for electricity both of which are rising in line with the rest
of Europe. Do tell us who is ur fuel supplier, and are you not profiting
from a duel-fuel monthly direct-debit scheme? Apart from this horrendous
monthly gas account, is your electricity bill yet another sting? You
failed to inform us.

Well this is bizarre - I am on a prepay meter and my gas supplier is British
Gas. To my knowledge there has been nobody out to the meter in years, in
fact I can't remember when there was someone out to see it. I checked the
rate on the meter that it is supposedly charged at and it is about 3% out so
that won't account for the amount that we are paying. However I phoned BG
tonight to ask them about the problem and while they acknowledged that they
were indeed the supplier they have no records of ANY payments I have ever
made on my card :-S

Something is certainly amiss somewhere and I hope that I am due to a big
refund, but if they cannot find records of payments I might be scewed.