John T. McCracken

Default OT - NY Times economy article

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.net...
"John T. McCracken" wrote in message

As I said, it WAS A JOKE.

Hey, John, after wisecracking about the people you "pity"

It really wasn't a wisecrack, I feel sorry for folks who think they have
little or no control over their own fate.

and huffing around
about how you take advantage of opportunities while others don't,

I really wasn't huffing either, Most everyone I know is taking advantage of
the opportunities available, I probably appreciate them as much or more than
most though.

it might
be a good idea to fly a joke flag from your mast or something.

That would be a good idea : ) and my wife would agree heartily as she often
comments that my sense of humor is exceedingly dry ; ), see, I'm getting the
hang of it already!

JTMcC, long time Royals fan.

At least use an emoticon. They can be very helpful. For example:

d8-0 That means the Yankees are playing the Tigers and Soriano just

walked.
Man on first.

d8-) Johnson hit one up the middle and moved Soriano to third. Runners on
the corners.

d:-) Jeeter just sac'd Johnson over to second. I've taken my reading

glasses
off to get a better look.

:-)) Posada just hit a two-RBI single; Soriano and Jeeter home. No outs

yet.
I've tossed my Yankees hat and my double chin is showing.

d:-Q Yanks are up 2-0. Recovered hat. Time for a smoke.

Get the idea? It's a very useful language. g

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)