Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer

Default How Much Is Your Gas Bill

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:39:34 GMT NTL News wrote :
My other question is, what setting do I have the dial on the front
of the boiler at? Its a Worcester 24i I think and the dial goes from
1 to 6. It doesnt seem to make any sense having a temp control on the
boiler when I have a seperate one in the hallway, so what is the
optimum setting to have the dial at?

The thermostat in the hall controls how hot the house gets (assuming
it's wired correctly of course g). When the set temperature is reached
the boiler stops running.

The knob on the boiler controls the maximum temperature that the boiler
heats water to. If you set it too high the boiler runs less efficiently
and will be stop/starting unnecessarily often. If you have it too low
then the house will never get warm or take a long time to do so. If the
boiler is also heating a HW cylinder then setting the boiler stat low
(which is a good thing from an efficiency pov) has the disadvantage of
extending the time to reheat the cylinder after a bath, which may or may
not be material in your case.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.12 released 8 Dec 2005]